The first ever Bootcamp weekend in London was designed to help apprentices to:
- Forge connections and friendships with Child.org staff and with each other
- Gain an understanding of what it means to think and act like a professional fundraiser
- Gain an insight into some current key talking points in charity and international development
- Develop the skills and confidence to go out and approach people and sell an idea
- Know what Child.org do, and how we talk about ourselves
- Feel confident about what lies ahead in the course and in their work placements abroad
- Have a fully developed, completely awesome, challenge campaign idea ready to launch on theworld
- Learn about some exciting areas of charity work that you might never have heard about before.
We were thrilled that after the event the apprentices who attended agreed unanimously that we had met these aims. All apprentices also voted that the weekend had been both interesting and fun.
What the apprentices said
"I honestly couldn't name anything that I would want differently, I enjoyed it all so much."
"It was informative, fun and social, and we are all extremely grateful for your hard work to put on this event! Thank you so much."
"You've helped us build some valuable connections and introduced us to things we would never have otherwise known about. I couldn't believe the standard of the guest speakers; some really big charity names that were really impressive people to have a chance to meet. I really feel like I know so much more about the sector from all the speakers and from speaking to the staff at child.org over the weekend."
"It has been great to meet so many fantastic and inspirational team mates and speakers who have like minded career aspirations and I'm sure this network will grow over time."
If you're wondering what happens at Charity Apprentice bootcamp, take a look at the programme:
Even after a packed day of speakers and workshops, the apprentices were raring to go on their Saturday night out, where they were set fun challenges to complete with their teams! Check out how they did on Instagram, hashtag #chappbootcamp2016.
What our speakers said
Child.org were very proud to have such amazing apprentices to represent Child.org this weekend. Just look at the tweets from our speakers:
Wow. The @Childdotorg apprentices are infinitely more passionate and driven than I could've imagined. The future's looking bright!
— David Lacey (@TheIGManager) February 13, 2016
— Rachael Cox (@rachaelcatriona) February 14, 2016
— Ruth Taylor (@Ruth_STaylor) February 14, 2016
— Modhabobo (@Modhabobo) February 13, 2016
An enormous thank you to all the amazing speakers and volunteers who gave up their time to inspire our Charity Apprentices this weekend.