Next year will mark the fourth Ride Africa and we are heading back to Kenya - where it all began - with a bigger group of riders and a new 500Km route. I’ve been challenged to make this the best ride yet. Here are 5 reasons why I think you should join!
1. The adventure. With a brand new route in Kenya, this ride is going to take you through bustling cities, across vast plains, around national parks and along lakes teeming with flamingos.
2. The challenge. Cycling is really fun. Whether you’re a total beginner or a cycling pro, we cater for everyone on Ride Africa. There’s plenty of time to train (a whole year!) and you’ll have an awesome support team with you in Kenya.
3. The people. Ride Africa is a trip where you will make friends for life. Nothing says bonding like free-wheeling down the hill you just climbed with a troop of monkeys hanging in the trees above you.
4. The impact. As part of Ride Africa the money you raise will have real impact on the communities Child.org work with, and help us to keep on removing obstacles for those who really need it.
5. The experience. Above all, I want to make sure that every rider has the best experience on Ride Africa. You’ll stay in beautiful hotels, eat amazing food, be incredibly well looked after and come back with so many stories to tell.
I’m off to Kenya tomorrow to finalise the route so look out for my updates on Facebook and Instagram - can’t wait to show you where we’re going!